Building new system need input..

Old January 8th 05, 01:50 PM
Aaron Johnson

Default Building new system need input..

I am planning to gt a Asus Mobo for Athlon 64 754 chip (gamming system for
MMORPG's).. i have notcied that their are both Via and Nvidia for the
mobo's.. which one is the beter of the too.. really dont see that big of a
difference bewtween the two. (I will be putting my ATI 9600 vid card in the
system though).

Thank ahead for any input.

Old January 8th 05, 03:00 PM
Dee

Aaron Johnson wrote:

I am planning to gt a Asus Mobo for Athlon 64 754 chip (gamming system for
MMORPG's).. i have notcied that their are both Via and Nvidia for the
mobo's.. which one is the beter of the too.. really dont see that big of a
difference bewtween the two. (I will be putting my ATI 9600 vid card in the
system though).

Thank ahead for any input.

You should start by reading reviews on the Web and make your own
decision. There are quite a few sites that have reviews from different
perspectives. Do a Google for motherboards.

Tom's Hardware is just one of several: www.tomshardware.com

Old January 8th 05, 08:36 PM
Mac Cool

Nvidia
--
Mac Cool
Old January 9th 05, 06:11 AM
Aaron Johnson

Yeah did that and only real difference was that the Nvidia has a firewall
where as the other (Via and SiS) dont.

Old January 9th 05, 07:50 AM
jacoby

"Mac Cool" wrote in message
Nvidia
--
Mac Cool

That is the short answer. If you over clock, the Via K8T800 chip lacks a
pci/agp lock. The K8T800 PRO has the lock as does the nforce3 250 gb
boards. Something you might want to check into. This was the reason I chose
to use the Nvidia chip boards. I used the DFI board for oc'ers. That was
then, but now I have left the 754 socket interface. YMMV.