PCI problems with Asus A7N8X-E

Old September 20th 04, 07:35 AM
Poseidon

Default PCI problems with Asus A7N8X-E

[X-Post]

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anybody could help me out. I can't seem to get my
pci cards to work properly in my A7N8X-E mobo. I have tried everything I
can think of and I am at a loss. It all started when I tried to put an old
cirrus logic pci video card into my comp for a second monitor. My comp
recognized the card, installed the drivers and now in my device manager, I
have an error code 10(device cannot start) So here's what I've tried: I've
pulled the card out of the slot and put it back in to checkto see if it's
pushed in all the way. I have installed a Creative SB128, and a Network
everywhere NIC as well into the board. The NIC works fine, but the Sound
Card has a problem with the game port. So, I shuffled everything around and
put everything into different ports. Same problems. So I tried all the
cards in another computer. They all work fine.

Anybody know of anything I may be doing wrong? (Bios setting? Maybe a
jumper that I overlooked?) Like I said, I am at a loss.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Poseidon

Asus A7N8X-E
AthlonXP 2500+
256MB DDR333
Abit GF4MX440
Maxtor 60GB HDD
Enermax 430W PSU
Win 2K Pro

Asus a7n8x and Matrox G400 VP General 1 January 31st 04 03:11 AM
Problems with SoundStorm on Asus A7N8X Deluxe Naj General 0 January 5th 04 01:14 AM
Peculiar RAM problems with an old Asus mobo setup?!? Darth Joules General 7 October 16th 03 07:48 PM
Asus P4SD-LA Audio Problems Karl M. North General 1 October 10th 03 07:49 PM
Asus A7N8X Deluxe or Epox EP-8RGA+ MB? E. Rust III Overclocking AMD Processors 3 October 9th 03 03:54 AM