Parallel Port

Old April 14th 04, 05:39 PM
XS11E

Default Parallel Port

Anyone figure out how to make the parallel port work on an ASUS K8V?

Mine ssys "unsupported parallel port" in the device manager.

Old April 14th 04, 11:30 PM
Jon Back

I couldn't get mine to work on the MSI Neo. It appears that XP64 didn't
include drivers. I had to reinstall my printer as a USB connected device and
then buy a longer cable. Then I had to reinstall in Win2000 Pro since the
printer (HP 930c) won't let you keep both parallel and USB connected.

Old April 15th 04, 01:47 AM
XS11E

"Jon Back" wrote in
:

"XS11E" wrote in message

Anyone figure out how to make the parallel port work on an ASUS
K8V?
Mine ssys "unsupported parallel port" in the device manager.

I couldn't get mine to work on the MSI Neo. It appears that XP64
didn't include drivers. I had to reinstall my printer as a USB
connected device and then buy a longer cable. Then I had to
reinstall in Win2000 Pro since the printer (HP 930c) won't let you
keep both parallel and USB connected.

I'll be going back to Windows 2000 soon, XP-64 bit is a
LOOOOOOOONNNNNGGG way from ready now, I'll probably keep trying it from
time to time, I have two harddrives in removable bays so it's easy to
swap. I'm running XP 32bit on my other HD, that's the system that
works but I'm pretty convinced that Windows 2000 is better for my
purposes and, as soon as I get time, I'll be formatting and installing
Win2k again.

On the brink of madness... I.C. Koets General 18 January 31st 05 10:49 PM
Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
Parallel port questions Ben Fullerton General 7 March 14th 04 02:33 AM
USB or parallel port, which should the printer use? *Vanguard* General 6 November 29th 03 09:01 PM
Parallel port to USB printer adapter? Phrederik General 4 August 28th 03 06:09 PM