HP server spec

Old April 14th 04, 01:06 PM
HC

Default HP server spec

For a project we are looking at doing - does anyone know if or where I can
get hold of a bulk order of HP servers or workstations with the folllowing
spec;

A minimum of 4 32Bit PCI slots

Rack mountable

Hot swap power suppliers (preferred but not essential)

120GB RAID 1 (IDE or SCSI)

1 GB of RAM

Processor min P4 2.4 GHz

Thanks

Old April 14th 04, 02:27 PM
NuT CrAcKeR

HP deosnt make servers with desktop processors.

what is your budget, and why does it have to have 4 PCI slots?

Tell us what you are trying to achieve, and we can probably get you
outfitted properly.

LC

Old April 14th 04, 03:20 PM
HC

We use a 32-Bit PCI device that is not compatable with 64-bit expansion
slots unless they are universal. A customer has a specific requirement for
HP hardware whereas we normally use a customised hardware solution.

We would be looking for an HP system with the following spec -

Rack mountable, Hot swap power suppliers, 120GB RAID 1 (IDE or SCSI), 1 GB
of RAM

We would also require 8 x 32-bit pci slots per server but I guess this is
very unrealistic, and would have to go for 4 x 32-bit pci slots and twice
the number of servers

Budget wise would need to be less than £4000 per unit.

Any help would be much appreciated

Old April 15th 04, 02:16 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

What are the PCI slots used for ? there may be standard devices that will
reduce the number of slots required.

LC

Old April 15th 04, 10:39 AM
Sharmon

For a project we are looking at doing - does anyone know if or where I can
get hold of a bulk order of HP servers or workstations with the folllowing
spec;

A minimum of 4 32Bit PCI slots (is this 32 bit min or 4 slots min)

Rack mountable (most of the ML line is convertable and all of the DL line is rack moutable)

Hot swap power suppliers (preferred but not essential) (You mean redundant right? )

120GB RAID 1 (IDE or SCSI) (If you are you RAID 1 you might as well go a little futher to RAID 1+

0 )

1 GB of RAM (DDR ECC , do you want redundant , RAID capable , etc)

Processor min P4 2.4 GHz ( P4 in a server ? , except the newer DL140 crap and it's ilk you should really get a XEON based product if you need a tank also how many procs do you need)

Thanks

Regards

Sharmon