Aspire 2000 Keyboard Problems?

Old May 27th 04, 04:35 PM
Good Man

Default Aspire 2000 Keyboard Problems?

hi there

if you own an Aspire 2000 series notebook (2001, 2003, 2020, etc) and
have problems with your keyboard (ie: certain keys keep repeating at
random, particularly you get "ii" when typing "in"), please visit

http://www.whatlaptop.co.uk/forum/to...?TOPIC_ID=8824

and post your problem online. it seems like many, if not all, of these
laptops have this problem. it is not a driver problem, as the situation
is recreated even when people put Linux on their laptop.

all calls into Acer Technical Support are quickly denied with "we can't
reproduce the problem" and "nobody else reported this problem", even
though it seems that the problem is widespread on Aspire 2000 laptops
around the world, even on laptops that have HAD THEIR KEYBOARD REPLACED
ENTIRELY.

eventually, we hope to direct Acer to this website to prove that all of
us calling in aren't "making this problem up".... and if they continue to
ignore/deny the problem, we have every intention of making sure people
who shop for laptops on the internet come across a BEWARE ACER site.

i've never had problems with ACER before, but their lack of attention to
this issue is enough to make me never, ever buy from ACER again.

please post a message on the website if you happen to suffer from this
problem.

thanks.

Old June 15th 04, 03:01 PM
Simon Egginton

REPLY FROM SIMON EGGINTON:
What you need to do is take that key off and check if it is sticky or if the
white tab (normally plastic) is springy. I recommend a damp (not soaking
wet) cloth then simply put the key back on. Or ask for a replacement
keyboard which for laptops cost anywere from £10 "good old Ebay" to about
£40. (uk currency)

-Simon Egginton
- (remove the "removeme"

. rogers.com...

Old June 15th 04, 08:02 PM
Good Man

"Simon Egginton" wrote in
:

REPLY FROM SIMON EGGINTON:
What you need to do is take that key off and check if it is sticky or
if the white tab (normally plastic) is springy. I recommend a damp
(not soaking wet) cloth then simply put the key back on. Or ask for a
replacement keyboard which for laptops cost anywere from £10 "good old
Ebay" to about £40. (uk currency)

-Simon Egginton

thanks for the suggestion, but it is unrelated to the keyboard physically.
frankly, you can type the letter 'i', remove your hands completely from the
keyboard, hit the letter 'n', and see another 'i' appear.