BFG 6800 GT OC

Old January 31st 05, 03:40 PM
Dave Zass

Default BFG 6800 GT OC

Are there any differences between the card with the nickel finish and blue
LED's and the card that just has the BFG sticker on the fan/cooler?

I think I saw something about it being UK vs US distribution. I also saw a
post saying that the nickel finish/blue LED version was a "newer/updated"
version with a better heatsink/fan.

My card runs fantastic, but I'm curious as to whether it's simply cosmetic
or not.

Old January 31st 05, 04:54 PM
Richard Dower

"Dave Zass" wrote in message
Are there any differences between the card with the nickel finish and blue
LED's and the card that just has the BFG sticker on the fan/cooler?

I think I saw something about it being UK vs US distribution. I also saw
a post saying that the nickel finish/blue LED version was a
"newer/updated" version with a better heatsink/fan.

My card runs fantastic, but I'm curious as to whether it's simply cosmetic
or not.

Get the one with the dual fans, it's copper heatsink and alot cooler, cool
as in "cool" not cold.

:-)

Old February 1st 05, 05:23 PM
Dave Zass

Are there any differences between the card with the nickel finish and
blue LED's and the card that just has the BFG sticker on the fan/cooler?

I think I saw something about it being UK vs US distribution. I also saw
a post saying that the nickel finish/blue LED version was a
"newer/updated" version with a better heatsink/fan.

My card runs fantastic, but I'm curious as to whether it's simply
cosmetic or not.

Get the one with the dual fans, it's copper heatsink and alot cooler, cool
as in "cool" not cold.

I already own one. I guess you missed the question part of the post.

Does anyone know what the differences are between the two cards, other than
cosmetics? I know plenty of people in this NG know..... Anyone?

Old February 1st 05, 11:45 PM
GT-Force

I have the dual fan version.

Temperatures on idle:
GPU: 68
Ambient :50-51
with drivers 61.77

What are yours?

GT-Force

Old February 2nd 05, 01:19 AM
Dave Zass

I have the dual fan version.

Temperatures on idle:
GPU: 68
Ambient :50-51
with drivers 61.77

What are yours?

GPU: 52C
Ambient: 39C
Using: 67.66's
Under load, after 3 hrs of Far Cry at High settings: 64C
415/1100

I'm assuming I have a single fan version? If so, I'd think I'd run hotter
than yours. I have the one with the greenish BFG sticker, not the nickel
plated dual LED model. Still trying to figure out the differences.........

Old February 2nd 05, 03:01 AM
Homer J. Simpson

You didn't specify if your card is AGP or PCI-Express. The AGP versions
have the dual fans and blue LED's but the PCI-Express version of the card
doesn't.

Old February 2nd 05, 03:47 PM
Dave Zass

You didn't specify if your card is AGP or PCI-Express. The AGP versions
have the dual fans and blue LED's but the PCI-Express version of the card
doesn't.

Sorry about that. I have an AGP version. I don't have blue LED's.

Old February 3rd 05, 01:12 AM
GT-Force

"Dave Zass" wrote in message
I'm assuming I have a single fan version? If so, I'd think I'd run hotter
than yours.

Not necessarily. More is not always better. Sometimes, less is more!

I have the one with the greenish BFG sticker, not the nickel plated dual
LED model. Still trying to figure out the differences....

I don't think there are any major differences. I once saw a good review
about the dual fan version, and it was somehow comparing it to the other. I
think, besides the cooling difference, there is also a buzzer on the
dual-fan version which alerts you with an audible alert if your card is too
hot (I hope I'll never hear that buzz! ).

GT

Old February 3rd 05, 01:50 AM
Dave Zass

I don't think there are any major differences. I once saw a good review
about the dual fan version, and it was somehow comparing it to the other.
I think, besides the cooling difference, there is also a buzzer on the
dual-fan version which alerts you with an audible alert if your card is
too hot (I hope I'll never hear that buzz! ).

I've done plenty of googling, but could never find specifics. Thanks for
your input.

As mentioned, I have the AGP version, no shiny nickel plating or cool
flashing LED fans. They always seem to get the press/reviews. I was
curious as to the actual differences ( ie. one was early production, one
later or different markets, or a design flaw was corrected....... ) between
the two cards and why there is two different AGP versions to begin with.

Leadtek 6800 and WinFox 2 o/c util Colin Munn Nvidia Videocards 5 January 27th 05 02:43 AM
6800 variations? SL Nvidia Videocards 5 December 31st 04 07:01 AM
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra port question Ryan Atici Nvidia Videocards 3 September 14th 04 05:57 AM
NV40 ~ GeForce 6800 specs NV55 Nvidia Videocards 51 April 20th 04 11:09 PM
NVidia 6800 --- developer comments from Nvidia news release John Lewis Nvidia Videocards 1 April 17th 04 12:54 AM