Your opinion on XFX (I need geForce 6800 GT with 2 DVIs)

Old October 10th 04, 08:21 PM
Luke Piasecki

Default Your opinion on XFX (I need geForce 6800 GT with 2 DVIs)

Well, I almost bought Gainward 6800 GT, but someonw I knwo bought it and
it's SUPER loud.
I was adviced that XFX also has 2 DVIs, but it's not as easy to overclock as
Gainward (I don't care about OC) and it's a bit cheaper and much quieter.
Do you think XFX is a good choice for geForce 6800 GT?

Thank you.

Old October 10th 04, 09:14 PM
Si

I've read a lot of reviews and lab tests on the 6800 cards and more often
then not, the XFX comes out on top.

Hope that helps.

Si

--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.

Old October 11th 04, 01:45 AM
Jonathan Stephens

I have an XFX 6800GT and it's quiet. Plus I easily oc'd it to 420/1100.
That's 20mhz faster than the Ultra. I am very pleased with the XFX 6800gt.

Jonathan Stephens

Old October 11th 04, 01:56 AM
Runar

The Gainward has adjustable RPM, mine idles at 44C (420mhz core/1170 mem)
at 50% reduced RPM. At that speed it's not loud at all.
The cooling on this card is way better then anything I've seen so far, pure
copper, well made.. Maybe your friend have no idea that this card has
adjustable rpm.

Old October 11th 04, 03:23 AM
tq96

I have an XFX 6800GT and it's quiet. Plus I easily oc'd it to

I hate that word "quiet". I've been burned on so many purchases because
reviewers used that word.

For serious info on quiet components check out the articles and forums at
www.silentpcreview.com.

I'd wager the quietest 6800 cards can be had by adding a Zalman Heatpipe or
NV5 Silencer. I know Galaxy makes 6800 cards with the NV5 Silencer as the
stock cooler, but haven't come across any with a Zalman solution standard.

I have a Zalman heatpipe (with optional fan) on a Geforce 4 Ti and it is
near dead silent. It's much better than the stock Gainward cooler
(probably based on the reference design) I had before.