Albatron FX5200LPv2.0 - 128MB

Old September 30th 04, 09:25 PM
Joseph Mouhanna

Default Albatron FX5200LPv2.0 - 128MB

I built a new system with an Intel Motherboard (Intel D865PERL), and an
Albatron FX5200LPV2.0, 128MB video card. Following the initial XP Pro
install, a generic video driver is installed (VgaSave). Everything works
fine, and I can all the resolutions. If I look in the Control Panel, I see
that the Video Card was not recognized, but nevertheless everything works
fine. When I install the latest nVidia driver, the screen starting blanking
every few seconds, and eventually I get a message telling me that the nVidia
driver has stopped working normally. The same happens if I install the
Microsoft certified driver (supplied with XP SP2).

I went to the Albatron web site, and received useless advice (upgrade BIOS,
and get latest drivers from nVidia, which I'd already done).

Anyone seen this problem, or has a workaround?

Old September 30th 04, 10:58 PM
CapFusion

"Joseph Mouhanna" wrote in
message news:PYZ6d.7440$ku4.1601@trnddc01...
I built a new system with an Intel Motherboard (Intel D865PERL), and an
Albatron FX5200LPV2.0, 128MB video card. Following the initial XP Pro
install, a generic video driver is installed (VgaSave). Everything works
fine, and I can all the resolutions. If I look in the Control Panel, I see
that the Video Card was not recognized, but nevertheless everything works
fine. When I install the latest nVidia driver, the screen starting blanking
every few seconds, and eventually I get a message telling me that the
nVidia driver has stopped working normally. The same happens if I install
the Microsoft certified driver (supplied with XP SP2).

I went to the Albatron web site, and received useless advice (upgrade
BIOS, and get latest drivers from nVidia, which I'd already done).

Anyone seen this problem, or has a workaround?

Your problem almost the same as of another user that describe about the same
except his problem regarding DVI will not display but analog with SP2.
IIRC, he just uninstall nvidia driver and restart Windows to redetect and
reinstall by itself. See if this will fix your problem too.

CapFusion,...

Old October 1st 04, 01:05 AM
Joseph Mouhanna

Thanks. I un-installed, and rebooted the system. When it came back up, the
Microsoft driver was re-installed, but the problem was gone. I've been
dealing with this for a couple of days. Is this an SP2 problem or a driver
problem?

news

Old October 1st 04, 01:53 AM
CapFusion

I do not think a SP2 problem [other may think otherwise]. I have installed
SP2 about 30 or PC already with nVidia base card and other type too without
any problem.
Updating existing PC and also from scratch without any issue.

CapFusion,...

"Joseph Mouhanna" wrote in
message news:Sa17d.7612$ku4.5071@trnddc01...

Old October 1st 04, 10:29 PM
Joseph Mouhanna

I spoke too soon. When I re-started the system (following an app install), I
ran into the same problem. I had to un-install, re-start and the problem
went away. I was able to duplicate several times. It seems as something
happens when there's a cold or warm reboot.

Old October 2nd 04, 12:36 AM
CapFusion

Well, let see if SP2 is the problem in your case. Can you try uninstall SP2
and see if go back to normal? You might [just incase] need to uninstall the
driver also if uninstall SP2 only does not work.

* Uninstall SP2 only and see if it back to normaol
Or
* Unstall driver and then reinstall the driver and see if it back to normal.

Try the first step first.

CapFusion,...

"Joseph Mouhanna" wrote in
message news:a%j7d.1641$cd1.973@trnddc03...