Problem with 53.03, Geforce3 (classic) and 3DMark03

Old February 21st 04, 08:56 PM
Colombo

Default Problem with 53.03, Geforce3 (classic) and 3DMark03

Hi dear NG,
3DMark03 return to WinXP desk during game test 3.
This happens with the 53.03.
I come back to 45.23 and all is OK.
Does someone have the same problem with
Geforce3 and 53.03 ?
(Au fait, all my system is OK : MB Epox 8K7A+,
AMD TB 1,4 ghz, 512 MO, 2 HDD 40 GO,
WinXP Pro SP1 and all the stuff from Windows Update,
and all drivers and bios up to date)

Best regards

*** Colombo ***

Old February 22nd 04, 01:37 AM
Kai Robinson

Honestly - you'll get better performance from the 41.09's or the 44.03's -
the later drivers are optimised for the newer models. The GeForce 3 is quite
an old card now. I manage to get 8700 ish 3dmarks in 3dmark01se with this
card - dunno about 3dmark03 yet. But i noticed a big performance increase in
using the earlier drivers.

Kai

Old February 22nd 04, 03:42 AM
Dennis Langton

I have the same problem on numerous apps using the 53.03's with my GeForce4 Ti4200. I don't have the problem using either the 52.16
or the 56.55 drivers.

Old February 22nd 04, 07:10 AM
Colombo

Hi,
Thanks to All for your informations and your comments.
I understand 53.03 aren't a very good unified drivers version
for the (old) videocards like Geforce3.
For now, l stay with the 45.23 (they are OK for my system).
I plane to buy a new system this summer (perhaps Athlon 64
and ...), but it's an another story....
Best regards

*** Colombo ***