Shutterglasses?

Old February 17th 04, 05:09 PM
Towli

Default Shutterglasses?

Hi all

I have purchased a winfast a350 (fx5900xt), primarily for speeding up
framerates in fs2004 using my shutterglasses from edimensional.com.
Apparently the detonator -and stereo drivers has to match in numbers in
order for the shutterglasses to work, an unfortunately the 45.23 detonator
drivers no not recognize my new fx5900xt.

Any advice on how to make my 45.23 drivers to recognize my new card would be
highly appreciated, as all i care about playing with is my 3d-glasses.

Thanks overmuch in advance for any help!

/Towli

Old February 17th 04, 06:11 PM
Derek Wildstar

"Towli" wrote in message
Hi all

I have purchased a winfast a350 (fx5900xt), primarily for speeding up
framerates in fs2004 using my shutterglasses from edimensional.com.
Apparently the detonator -and stereo drivers has to match in numbers in
order for the shutterglasses to work, an unfortunately the 45.23 detonator
drivers no not recognize my new fx5900xt.

Any advice on how to make my 45.23 drivers to recognize my new card would

be
highly appreciated, as all i care about playing with is my 3d-glasses.

Thanks overmuch in advance for any help!

/Towli

The Forceware nee Detonator Driver Suites are the only series that will
natively recognize a FX model card. The correct solution is for the glasses
driver provider to recognize nVidia's 5X Forceware.

You may have a workaround until that point by forcing the 45 Detonators to
treat your FX card like a GeForce4, merely hand-select or override the
automatic recognition of the card (it's just reading a BIOS string) in your
System Properties. This may be sufficient, but not guaranteed, also no
performance loss should occur.

Old February 17th 04, 10:25 PM
BelaLvgosi

"Derek Wildstar" wrote in message

"Towli" wrote in message
[...]

As I posted before, the first 5900's with 2.8ns mems as creative 5900 and
gainward 1100 (both clocked 400/700, not 390/700 ) are detected as 5900's
but look as actual xt's, with memory on only one side and work flawlessly
with drivers from 44.03's, wich were the fist fx/dx9 set, not 50.xx
forcewares. So there might be no differences for a current xt , except maybe
those 5900 chips were the same as regular 5900's, as they are equally marked
and not probably slightly undercloked as an excuse for lower overclock
potential, as these cards were still very expensive when they came out. By
this way, changing your card id at bios level might be safe but I wouldn't
do it since some newer drivers should come out soon, even though I just
checked that there are no betas at guru3d later than 45.23's. Good luck.

Old February 18th 04, 06:40 AM
Towli

Thanks a lot both !

How do i disable the automatic recognition of the card in "system
properties" ?

/Towli

Old February 18th 04, 09:08 AM
Towli

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ! !

I cant tell you how gratefull i am.
Just telling windows that my card is a gf4 ti4200 worked and my glasses are
working! ! !

Thank you ! (arent newsgroups wonderfull).

/T

Old February 18th 04, 09:17 AM
Towli

arh i was out to soon.

The stereo image test is working ok (thats why i was so thrilled) but my
card cant show any images, acting as a ti4200.
When starting up fs2004 it says "image xxx.bmp" can not be loaded ...

(what to do?)

Best regards
/Jan

Old February 18th 04, 02:29 PM
BelaLvgosi

"Towli" wrote in message
arh i was out to soon.

The stereo image test is working ok (thats why i was so thrilled) but my
card cant show any images, acting as a ti4200.
When starting up fs2004 it says "image xxx.bmp" can not be loaded ...

(what to do?)

Best regards
/Jan

If you are doing it only at driver level, try forcing a 5900 instead of a
ti4200.

Old February 22nd 04, 05:03 PM
Mirko

"Towli" ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...
arh i was out to soon.

The stereo image test is working ok (thats why i was so thrilled) but my
card cant show any images, acting as a ti4200.
When starting up fs2004 it says "image xxx.bmp" can not be loaded ...

(what to do?)

Best regards
/Jan

3D-glasses manufacturer eDimensional ( www.edimensional.com ) has some new