Which is better at stock speed... GF3 Ti500, or GF4 Ti4200?

Old November 28th 03, 05:54 PM
Larry Roberts

Default Which is better at stock speed... GF3 Ti500, or GF4 Ti4200?

I always hear how the GF4 Ti4200 can be overclocked to Ti4600
speeds, but I was wondering if the GF3 Ti500 was faster than a GF4
Ti4200 at stock speeds.

Old November 29th 03, 04:25 AM
Darthy

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:54:56 -0600, Larry Roberts
wrote:

I always hear how the GF4 Ti4200 can be overclocked to Ti4600
speeds, but I was wondering if the GF3 Ti500 was faster than a GF4
Ti4200 at stock speeds.

Ti4200 is about twice the horse power of the GF3 series... Ti4200s
easily OCs to TI4400 usually, sometimes 4600...

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old November 29th 03, 11:22 AM
Lenny

Ti4200 is about twice the horse power of the GF3 series...

It's not twice the horsepower. 30-50% or so is maybe more like it, depending
on which GF3 chip one compares to.