Leadtek FX 5800 temperature question

Old September 7th 03, 05:16 AM
sig666

Default Leadtek FX 5800 temperature question

Seems a bit high.

I have an Asus 5900 Ultra. After running Medal Of Honor and Seti@home at
the same time the reported temperature tops out at 75c.

===================

Mick wrote:
Hi all,

I have a leadtek Geforce FX 5800 (non ultra). Picked it up pretty cheap
and performace is pretty good.

On thing though, I've recently noticed on exiting a game (eg Quake 3
for 30 minutes) the nvidia drive control panel reports temps between
100-110 celsius. It also reprts idle temps around 65 celsius.

While everything seems to be working ok, and according to the nvidia
temp monitor it's only in the orange section rather than red, would
people think these temps are too hot?

Thanks

Mick

Old September 7th 03, 09:50 AM
im stupid

the 5800 gets alot hotter than the 5900.

i have no idea if 65 idle is too much but u could try to increase the
airflow in your kabinet with an airintake fan, that would blow fresh cold
air onto the vga card.

my 5900u is running at 30-35c idle and 50c when maxed out, but i have
installed extra cooling

Lasse

Old September 7th 03, 11:01 AM
AC

Your temp is a bit too high. My Club3D FX5800 non ultra is running at about
45c idle.

Intel Pentium IV 2.6C Ghz @ 3.12 Ghz
Asus P4P800
Twinmos Dual Channel Kit 2x256MB PC3200 DDR
IBM 20GB HDD
Matrox 40GB HDD
Club3D Geforce FX5800
Creative Audigy + FPS2000 4.1 Speakers
Asus DVDROM E616
Acer CDRW
Enermax EG365P-VE 350W PSU

"im stupid" wrote in message
k...
the 5800 gets alot hotter than the 5900.

i have no idea if 65 idle is too much but u could try to increase the
airflow in your kabinet with an airintake fan, that would blow fresh cold
air onto the vga card.

my 5900u is running at 30-35c idle and 50c when maxed out, but i have
installed extra cooling

Lasse

---

Old September 7th 03, 01:15 PM
TomG

I think even your idle temperature is too hot. do you have decent case
airflow? your CPU run at an okay temperature (below 50 C at idle)?

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror ----- Cable modem IP
over 115,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

Old September 9th 03, 01:05 AM
TomG

wow... seems fine as far as the case and cpu goes. that video card sure
runs hot!

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror ----- Cable modem IP
over 115,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"Mick" wrote in message
"TomG" wrote in

I think even your idle temperature is too hot. do you have decent
case airflow? your CPU run at an okay temperature (below 50 C at
idle)?

Hi,

Yeh, the case is well ventilated. 3 x intake, incluing a 12cm fan
directly over the area where the card is.

CPU is p4 2.8 oc'd to 3.4 - idle = 42c / load (2x prime95) = 59c