FX5200 vs. AIW 9000

Old August 15th 03, 08:33 PM
SleeperMan

Default FX5200 vs. AIW 9000

typed:

Hi;

How does GeForce Fx 5200 compare with ATI AIW 9000 (64MB mem)? I am
interested in the TAI bacause of video capturing capabilities, but FX
card has more memory and is newer.

Thanks

http://www.newsfeed.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

I just read one local test and among others there were FX5200 128M and ATI
9200 128M. Model 9000 wasn't there, since it's "out". But 9200 model is
appr. 20% slower than FX5200, so i guess model 9000 (which was marked to be
bad anyway) is even slower.

Old August 15th 03, 09:48 PM
Mario Kadastik

Per Ting wrote:

Hi;

How does GeForce Fx 5200 compare with ATI AIW 9000 (64MB mem)? I am
interested in the TAI bacause of video capturing capabilities, but FX card
has more memory and is newer.

Thanks

http://www.newsfeed.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

You can get a FX5200 with video capture features also. I had the Ati
Radeon 9000 pro 128MB card temporarily when my MX440 fried. After that I
got the Asus V9520/Magic/T card (128MB, but with 64bit DDR) and IMHO the
FX5200 performed better than the 9000Pro.

The 9000Pro had better 3dmark03 points, but as we know this does not
matter in real life games. I play BF1942 and I think it's aroud the same
performance or a bit towards FX5200. If you get a FX5200 128MB with
128bit DDR then it should outperform the 9000Pro as their 3dmark03-s are
the same (around 1500) and the real world gaming should be better off
with the FX5200.

But if you have some additional money to spare then I would recommend
either the FX5200 Ultra or FX5600 as the FX5200 overall absolute
performance is quite bad and although it is a DX9 card you practically
can't use it's DX9 features as it's too slow for them.

Mario

(going to receive my FX5600 256MB end of next week as a replacement
for the FX5200 I'm having now...)

Old August 18th 03, 07:21 AM
Ron Merts

If you want capture capabilities, why not look at the FX 5200 Personal
Cinema version? eVGA has one of these available and it allows capture and
playback to a pide array of devices; plus includes a pretty cool remote
control unit for the PC and TV set. You'll get the FX5200 with 128Mb of
memory, be DX9 compatible and still have all of the bells and whistles
associated with the video capture/playback.

Ron

.211...