|If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
GE Force 4 Ti4200 freeze under XP
I have a dual screen which works fine until last week. Since then, the
- Left or right screen will froze for a certain time, then goes black and
then being display again.
- A black "flahsh" appears from time to time ?
- Windows dont redraw properly i.e. only refreshed part are redrawn
- It seems that windows Media player 9 make the screen froze in windowed
mode but not in full screen when playing music and grpahics displayed
- If I switch between mono and dual screen then system hang, then will
reboot and record a problem in the event (The driver nv4_disp for the
display device \Device\Video1 got stuck in a infite loop. ... ).
- My background pictures have got some "transparent" pixels i.e I can
see the color off the desktop behind it what ever picture I used.
- If I switch betwen color quality then system goes mad and do not
display any icons properly afterwoods.
It seems that the system is more stable in mono screen than in dual screen.
I have the folliwng ideas can anybody confirm or infirm
- Maybe the video card is dying slowly
- The video memory card has got some bank destroyed
I have re installed the system from scratch but still the same problem. I
tried old drivers and latest one form Asus or from NVidai same problem.
Anyone can help ?
Here is my spec
Power supply 300Watt
Windows XP Pro + SP1 and all updates installed
Video GeForce 4 ti4200 128Mb from Asus (6-7 months old)
Drivers NVidia 43.45
Sound Creative SB Live
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|my new mobo o/c's great||rockerrock||Overclocking AMD Processors||9||June 30th 04 08:17 PM|
|XP 1700 JUIHB Overclocking BIOS AT7 Ti4200 freeze 166fsb 3d mark infinite loop||Nick Le Lievre||Overclocking AMD Processors||0||November 27th 03 06:08 PM|
|Replace Ti4200 with ATI 9800 Pro||Skid||Ati Videocards||10||November 25th 03 09:53 PM|
|Radeon 9600, FX5200, or Ti4200||LRW||Ati Videocards||14||October 10th 03 04:41 PM|
|G4 Ti4200 OpenGL TV out , clone, primary display woes||Byte Junkie||Nvidia Videocards||0||June 23rd 03 04:57 AM|