The endless loop issue again

Old July 18th 03, 10:05 PM
Tex

I'm having the same issue Steve, and yes I've said f*ck it many times.
My next card won't be Nvidia.

"news.cox.net" wrote in message
.. .
Ok i have been through it all with this system...

OS = XP pro sp1a
MSI K7N2
XP 2600+
1 stick 512 mushkin 2700 DDR ram
Bestdata TI 4200 64 mb
Soundblaster live

I have the classic "Endless loop" issue where the system would reboot

while
playing games...
OK, first i turned off the XP option to reboot automaticly on errors, this
alowed me to see the BSOD that references NV4_disp.dll....

i have tried all of the 4x.xx drivers out there. and although i no longer
get the BSOD, i get dumped to my desktop so often, i cant even play most
games more that 10 minutes.....

I had this ti4200 in my last system
XP pro
msi k7t266pro-a
XP 2000+
and the same other componets as well....

This was a ROCK SOLID STABLE system.....

My point is i dont think its the vid card being physicaly bad.....
now i have tried reverting my drivers back to the defualt Microsoft
drivers....we are talking 2x.xx here...and this makes my system a lot more
stable, but the games dont look nearly as good...

My question is this.......has anyone gotten to the point i have with this
issue and said F*ck it and bought a new vid card...has this fixed the

issue
for you...which card did you get?

Steve

Old July 19th 03, 01:44 PM
Brendan

If he only has 1 stick of memory, then he cant be using the dual channel
option. I think u should say "Are you..." instead of "You are...", sounds
like ur stating what they have or use, not asking a question.

Sounds like its a problem with ur mobo. Instead of getting a new vid card,
get a new mobo. Or more ram.

Brendan

"B" wrote in message
You are using dual DDR channel memory? You have the latest motherboard
chipset drivers installed? You are using the videocard manufacturer's
drivers? Some people here might disagree with me but to take full

advantage
of the NVIDIA motherboard chipset it's best to have two slots of matched
memory rather than 1 slot. At least from my personal experience that seems
to work out the best.

regards

Old July 20th 03, 09:32 AM
Trevor Marsh

snip

Endless loop syndrome is generally down to a RAM problem rather than Vid
card, even if the error points to a part of the NVIDIA driver set. Download
and run Memtest86 from:-
http://www.memtest86.com/

It takes a while but will spot any potential problems with your RAM. (Far
more frequent than you might think)

HTH,

Trev

Old July 20th 03, 11:31 PM
Trevor Marsh

"The Thin Man" wrote in message
On this day of our lord, Sun, 20 Jul 2003 08:32:25 GMT, "Trevor Marsh"
quilled:

snip

Endless loop syndrome is generally down to a RAM problem rather than Vid
card, even if the error points to a part of the NVIDIA driver set.

Download
and run Memtest86 from:-
http://www.memtest86.com/

It takes a while but will spot any potential problems with your RAM. (Far
more frequent than you might think)

HTH,

Trev

Not a mem issue usually. Inadequate voltage may be the culprit though.
And yes, I have had to deal with this issue in the past.

I agree voltage settings are the most common culprit, but I wanted to
eliminate the obvious first. DDR voltage being miss-read by the BIOS when
in "auto" or "spd" mode can also be a factor.

Trev

O.T. MP3 endless loop? rtr Cdr 3 January 5th 04 02:03 AM
Infinite Loop Ti4200 & Overclocking XP 1700 Nick Le Lievre Overclocking AMD Processors 1 November 28th 03 02:55 AM
Overheating Overclocking PSU System Temps Inifinite Loop Nick Le Lievre Overclocking AMD Processors 0 November 27th 03 06:10 PM
XP 1700 JUIHB Overclocking BIOS AT7 Ti4200 freeze 166fsb 3d mark infinite loop Nick Le Lievre Overclocking AMD Processors 0 November 27th 03 06:08 PM
display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop - SOLVED Nick Le Lievre Overclocking AMD Processors 0 November 23rd 03 06:17 AM