Intel Application accelarator

Old October 7th 04, 02:36 AM
Builder

Default Intel Application accelarator

Is this still required? I'm using an 850 chipset GA-8IHXP. Windows XP Raid
0. Someone was telling me this is not longer required.

Builder

Old October 8th 04, 09:31 AM
DavidM

Sorry Builder I do not know the answer to your question, I installed mine
when I built my machine.

Do you know anything about the USB used. Are there upgrades, if so where.
My installation disc tells me my USB 2 Driver for the Ich4 expired 6/1/2002
??????????

Best of luck

Old October 8th 04, 04:18 PM
Peltio

"DavidM" ha scritto nel messaggio
Sorry Builder I do not know the answer to your question, I installed mine
when I built my machine.

Do you know anything about the USB used. Are there upgrades, if so where.
My installation disc tells me my USB 2 Driver for the Ich4 expired 6/1/2002
??????????

yes there are new drivers.
i downloaded those for my 8iexp from gigabyte's website
and they work fine.

cheers,
Peltio

Old October 8th 04, 06:50 PM
DavidM

Hi Pelito,

I have tried the Gigabyte site several times. I get to here
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Motherboa...river_List.htm and
then nothing it does not seem to take me anywhere. Am I looking in the
right place? Thanks for the help.

David M

Old October 8th 04, 11:28 PM
Peltio

"DavidM" wrote

I have tried the Gigabyte site several times. I get to here
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Motherboa...river_List.htm and
then nothing it does not seem to take me anywhere. Am I looking in the
right place?

Hi, I guess that's the place.
With the newly redesgned website neither I have been able to download a
driver I wanted.
I thought it was due to my Internet Explorer settings (I exclude scripts,
cookies, activeX) and finally gave up.

You could try by adding GB website to your 'trusted zone' (if your browser
allows for sucha thing) or contact GB support asking what you have to do to
dowload a driver from ther site.

cheers,
Peltio
(who downloaded the drivers for his 8iexp before the website changed)

Old October 9th 04, 09:45 PM
DavidM

The site works fine on my son's computer so it must be the set up we have.
I have been told that SP 2 would have had any new USB drivers required ?

"DavidM" wrote

Old October 10th 04, 06:30 PM
Peltio

"DavidM" wrote

The site works fine on my son's computer so it must be the set up we have.
I have been told that SP 2 would have had any new USB drivers required ?

I don't have XP, so I can't tell for sure.
But I've recently used a notebook running XP and I was able to access to my
USB pen without having to install any driver whatsoever.
It was the first USB 2.0 device ever attached to it.
On win98SE I had to install the Sony drivers from the CD.
So I guess that yes, even without SP" you'd be all right with the USB
drivers built into XP.

Besides, there's a simple way to find out: try a USB 2.0 device on your
system. If it works... : ]

cheers,
Peltio
Unable to obtain a decent audio output from the onboard audio chip,
regardless from the drivers installed.

Old October 10th 04, 07:35 PM
DavidM

Hi Peltio,

Yes I have 5 USB devices attached and they all work. However I have had
trouble with USB Mice and also My internet connection drops off a lot that
is a USB ADSL. So I thought I would check to see if there were any updated
Drivers I should have installed.

Apparently not but I will continue to look and I am going to telephone
Gigabyte UK support centre on Monday.

thanks for your help

David M

"DavidM" wrote