Connecting to stand alone DVD recorder

Old September 18th 07, 03:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Gee-Gee

Default Connecting to stand alone DVD recorder

I'd like to burn avi files to a stand alone dvd recorder as I play them on
my PVC.

Here's my current setup (question to follow)

I have a TV with NO rca jack inputs. I run the DVD player through an RF
Modulator.

I am going to buy a new video card (recommendations appreciated,
condidering getting Diablotek Radeon 7500 128MB AGP). Power supply is 400
W.

What I need to know is this: Can I connect from the video card to the S-
Video IN on the recorder to burn and/or watch the AVI files?

I have a cable that is s-video on one end and RCA on the other. Will this
work connecting it to RCA input on the burner?

Thanks for your help
Old September 18th 07, 11:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW[_4_]

You have to buy a video capture card to input external video sources.

--
---------------------
DaveW

---------------------

Old September 18th 07, 11:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Gee-Gee

"DaveW" wrote in news:_cOdnbj2F-
:

You have to buy a video capture card to input external video sources.

I'm looking to record from the PC to DVD
Old September 19th 07, 05:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Yes. Just keep in mind the recording quality will be significantly worse
than "DVD quality", due to the limited bandwidth capability of the RCA
connection. Then again, if you subsequently watch the recorded DVD through
an RF connection, it probably won't make a difference.

Old September 19th 07, 02:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Sir-Les-MP

Gee-Gee wrote:
I'd like to burn avi files to a stand alone dvd recorder as I play them on
my PVC.

Here's my current setup (question to follow)

I have a TV with NO rca jack inputs. I run the DVD player through an RF
Modulator.

I am going to buy a new video card (recommendations appreciated,
condidering getting Diablotek Radeon 7500 128MB AGP). Power supply is 400
W.

What I need to know is this: Can I connect from the video card to the S-
Video IN on the recorder to burn and/or watch the AVI files?

I have a cable that is s-video on one end and RCA on the other. Will this
work connecting it to RCA input on the burner?

Thanks for your help

What you need is a video card that is a full VIVO Video in Video out
you dont say which card you currently have but iy you are updating it i
do know of one that definetly fits the bill as it will go S video out
from the pc to the s video in on the recorder so you should get almost
dvd quality picture's
and thats an old nvidia Ti 4800se it comes with an attachment that has
both composite video and S video conectors both in and out
you will have to remember to connet the sound card to the recorder as
well or you wont get sound with your video

But most of the older video cards you will find the tv output on them is
an s video out and usualy they give you a conector to change it to plain
viseo out

If you dvd system is one of the newer ones it should have composite
ports both in and out if so then any good quality video card that
supports HD tv output can be used and composte output is better quality
then S video

DVD-RECORDER olegb Homebuilt PC's 2 May 14th 07 04:38 PM
VoIP recorder (Ethernet phone recorder) J.Smith General 0 May 24th 05 05:50 PM
bin/cue without dvd recorder ironn_ Cdr 3 November 3rd 04 11:56 PM
Recorder ? Jim Cdr 0 January 22nd 04 06:28 PM
DVD recorder Šjor Air General 2 October 24th 03 10:42 AM