Which to use Radeon X800 or Nvidia 6800LE ?

Old December 22nd 06, 07:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul Wadland

Default Which to use Radeon X800 or Nvidia 6800LE ?

I have built a PC for my son but cannot decide which of the two cards we
have knocking about to use. One is a Radeon X800 and the other is a Nvidia
6800LE, I can unlock some of the pipelines on the Nvidia card using
Rivatuner but am still not sure which is the better card ? ...He uses his
machine mainly for games, i don't want to get into a Radeon v's Nvidia
debate guys (3 other machines all with nvidia cards in) I'm just not sure of
the two mentioned cards will give him the best performance ?
Thanks, Paul

Old December 22nd 06, 07:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
ShutEye

I have built a PC for my son but cannot decide which of the two cards we
have knocking about to use. One is a Radeon X800 and the other is a Nvidia
6800LE, I can unlock some of the pipelines on the Nvidia card using
Rivatuner but am still not sure which is the better card ? ...He uses his
machine mainly for games, i don't want to get into a Radeon v's Nvidia
debate guys (3 other machines all with nvidia cards in) I'm just not sure
of the two mentioned cards will give him the best performance ?
Thanks, Paul

The X800 seems to be the more powerful one.
Take a look: http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

Old December 22nd 06, 09:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul Wadland

"ShutEye" wrote in message ...
I have built a PC for my son but cannot decide which of the two cards we
have knocking about to use. One is a Radeon X800 and the other is a
Nvidia 6800LE, I can unlock some of the pipelines on the Nvidia card
using Rivatuner but am still not sure which is the better card ? ...He
uses his machine mainly for games, i don't want to get into a Radeon v's
Nvidia debate guys (3 other machines all with nvidia cards in) I'm just
not sure of the two mentioned cards will give him the best performance ?
Thanks, Paul

The X800 seems to be the more powerful one.
Take a look: http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

Thanks for that, the X800 is alot more powerful than I thought ! I've
obviously not had a great deal of experience with Radeon cards. Thanks
again.

Old December 22nd 06, 10:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
ShutEye

The X800 seems to be the more powerful one.
Take a look: http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

Thanks for that, the X800 is alot more powerful than I thought ! I've
obviously not had a great deal of experience with Radeon cards. Thanks
again.

YW I've a 6800GT myself and would love to change that for a X800.

Old December 22nd 06, 11:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Robin Gordon

i dont know why you said that. i have two pc's of similar spec. one has a
6800 128MB and the other an ATI x850XT PE. I cant see a big difference
unlike some of these reviews say. the nvidia card has shader 3 support so
that may help things along.
choice is yours or try both and benchmark. stick with the fastest.

Rob

Old December 22nd 06, 11:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW

Well, the cards' performance are similar, but the Nvidia drivers are
generally more stable.

--
DaveW

Old December 23rd 06, 12:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
ShutEye

i dont know why you said that. i have two pc's of similar spec. one has a
6800 128MB and the other an ATI x850XT PE. I cant see a big difference
unlike some of these reviews say. the nvidia card has shader 3 support so
that may help things along.
choice is yours or try both and benchmark. stick with the fastest.

Mine's a 256Mbyte 6800GT and I don't own a X800 ... can only look at other
peoples tests