ot but i have a monitor problem

Old July 16th 06, 05:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
bgame63

Default ot but i have a monitor problem

once and a while my monitor reverts to some state where i have to
redo all my screen settings so my desktop fits the screen is my monitor
going
bad or is it something else causing this
tia bgame

http://www.usenet.com
Old July 16th 06, 09:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Garrot

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:29:26 -0400, bgame63 wrote:

once and a while my monitor reverts to some state where i have to
redo all my screen settings so my desktop fits the screen is my monitor
going
bad or is it something else causing this
tia bgame

What rfresh rates are you using? You may need to get a utility to lock your
refresh rates so nothing can change them. Or maybe you are setting the
refresh rate to a higher value than your monitor supports? For Nvidia cards
Refresh Lock works well.
Old July 16th 06, 10:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
bgame63

"Garrot" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:29:26 -0400, bgame63 wrote:

once and a while my monitor reverts to some state where i have to
redo all my screen settings so my desktop fits the screen is my monitor
going
bad or is it something else causing this
tia bgame

What rfresh rates are you using? You may need to get a utility to lock
your
refresh rates so nothing can change them. Or maybe you are setting the
refresh rate to a higher value than your monitor supports? For Nvidia
cards
Refresh Lock works well.

no my refresh rates aren't changing i leave my computer
on and walk away and it has done it with nothing else
running except what runs at start and that hasn't changed

http://www.usenet.com
Old July 17th 06, 03:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

Could be nVidia's "Direct Access" feature kicking in unexpectedly. Follow
the instructions here to disable it:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...24600f40c40050

Old July 17th 06, 07:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
bgame63

does this work with all the latest drivers
i got mine from Vega site 91.??

Old July 18th 06, 12:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
bgame63

i renamed them as per the google thing but 1 of them showed
when i highlighted as a Arabic language file