ga7va problems

Old May 31st 06, 02:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default ga7va problems

hi folks

I have a ga-7va Rev.1 board that's been running 98 for ages and I've been
trying to install (upgrade to) win2k but keep hitting a problem - it seems
win2k wants a hard disk controller driver that I don't seem to be able to
find anywhere

I finally yanked the drive and put it on a motherboard with an intel chipset
and installed and setup the operating system, thinking I could just pop the
hard drive back onto the GA-7VA board and (crossing my fingers) win2K might
have started up, found the motherboard and installed it.. but that's not
been the case :-(

Instead I get the usual:
*** stop: 0x0000007b (0xEB81B84C,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)
inaccessible_boot_device

I know I need the ide driver but I can't seem to find it anywhere and I have
misplaced the driver CD ..

I know I need the *.sys, *.ini and txtsetup.oem files but no luck - the
gigabyte site doean't seem to have anything that I can find to use either

Any suggestions or has anybody got this board who might be able to help?

thanks

Old May 31st 06, 04:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

k spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself

http://tinyurl.com/rgn3h

--
Mhzjunkie

1 PRINT "Windows XP ERROR"
GOTO 1
END

Old May 31st 06, 04:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

"Mhzjunkie" wrote in message
| k spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself

| http://tinyurl.com/rgn3h

got that thanks, unfortunately extracting the file yeilds no txtsetup.oem
file - the one that win2k needs to install the IDE driver :-(

If I could get the OS running enough to install the drivers then I'm sure I
could use the installer, but it seems I can't without the txtsetup file

thanks anyway..

Old May 31st 06, 05:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

"Mhzjunkie" wrote in message
| k spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself
|
| hi folks

| http://tinyurl.com/rgn3h

yay!

I installed the hard drive back on the mobo with the intel chipset, went
into the system settings and changed the IDE driver to the VIA one (above)
then shutdown, dropped the hard drive back into the gigabyte board with the
via chipset, started and after some fiddling I have a working PC again

thanks

Old May 31st 06, 04:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

For future info you can rarely swap mobo's on a winnt based installation
without repairing the win installation, to install correct drivers

"k" wrote in message

"Mhzjunkie" wrote in message
| k spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself
|
| hi folks

| http://tinyurl.com/rgn3h

yay!

I installed the hard drive back on the mobo with the intel chipset, went
into the system settings and changed the IDE driver to the VIA one (above)
then shutdown, dropped the hard drive back into the gigabyte board with

the
via chipset, started and after some fiddling I have a working PC again

thanks

Have you had problems with iiyama VM Pro 454 or 451 monitors? Irish Rover Homebuilt PC's 8 January 7th 05 11:29 PM
Sapphire Radeon 9800SE + Shuttle machine = Problems Jiri Kuukasjärvi General 2 September 12th 04 11:17 AM
Omega Drivers Striker Ati Videocards 14 June 10th 04 02:40 PM
Major Computer Problems Toronto Garage Door Company General 20 November 13th 03 09:41 PM
FX problems. Drivers or hardware? NickNick Nvidia Videocards 6 September 15th 03 12:01 AM