Screen blanks when opening the nvidia drivers' settings

Old March 2nd 06, 05:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Screen blanks when opening the nvidia drivers' settings

More...

I installed the proper drivers for my particular monitor and the screen no
longer blanks. Before the monitor was just set to the generic monitor type.

So, my assumption is that if you have "auto detect" set and no specific
monitor drivers installed, the NVIDIA driver tries to detect the correct
settings and this blanks the screen for a second or two?

John W

"Seeker" wrote in message
I bought a used Philips monitor and it works fine. However, when I
open up the settings of the nvidia drivers the screen blanks and then
appears again. I think this is annoying. Anyone know if it can be
fixed? It didn't do it with my old monitor which sadly passed away
(also a Philips)

Old March 3rd 06, 10:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"John W" wrote in
:

I installed the proper drivers for my particular monitor and the
screen no longer blanks. Before the monitor was just set to the
generic monitor type.

What do you mean the proper drivers?
Old March 4th 06, 01:47 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

My monitor came with drivers that set the proper refresh rates and
resolutions supported by the monitor. They should also be available on the
manufacturers web site.

To update the monitor driver, right click on the desk top, select
PROPERTIES, SETTINGS, ADVANCED, MONITOR, PROPERTIES, DRIVER, UPDATE DRIVER.
This will start a Wizard that you can point at the specific driver for your
monitor.

John W

"Seeker" wrote in message
"John W" wrote in
:

Old March 4th 06, 03:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Here's where you can find drivers for Philips Monitors:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/

John W

"John W" wrote in message
news
My monitor came with drivers that set the proper refresh rates and
resolutions supported by the monitor. They should also be available on
the manufacturers web site.

To update the monitor driver, right click on the desk top, select
PROPERTIES, SETTINGS, ADVANCED, MONITOR, PROPERTIES, DRIVER, UPDATE
DRIVER. This will start a Wizard that you can point at the specific driver
for your monitor.

John W

"Seeker" wrote in message
"John W" wrote in