another question about 6600LE and GT

Old February 28th 06, 05:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default another question about 6600LE and GT

Another question...my system is AGP and I bought the 256mb 6600LE.
After a previous post I thought I should return it and get a 6600GT.
The challange is my system is AGP, not PCI, so there aren't many
choices for me. Now, I found a 256mb GT AGP for $190 and paid $103 for
the LE. If I return the LE there is a 15% restocking fee. Is the
difference in price worth it?

I downloaded the Rivatuner but have not yet read how do use it for my
LE card...

Thanks!!

Eddie G

Old March 1st 06, 12:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Here's the deal. Do you play a lot of PC games? Do you have at least a 2
ghz PC? If yes to both then I'd say return the LE and get the GT. As
others have said, you don't need 256 MB.

I like this card:

Or this one for $120 after rebate:
That one is the same as the one on Ebay.

If you really want 256MB then get this:
This one is much faster than the 6600GT.

DaveL

oups.com...

Old March 1st 06, 04:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

I have a 1.7ghz processor and got the 128mb GT.

Thanks! I am sorry I have been such a pest, but I like to get as much
input from as many people as possible.

Eddie