GA-7VM400M; Have to keep hitting reset to start...

Old January 10th 06, 08:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default GA-7VM400M; Have to keep hitting reset to start...

A friend brought me his computer to see if I could make it start correctly.
When you first turn it on, it starts a steady beeping (2 seconds on, 2
seconds off). If you keep hitting reset, it will finally stop beeping, then
a few seconds later a single beep, the video turns on & all is well & it
runs perfectly until you shut it off or reboot (warm or cold boot is the
same). Sometimes it only takes 3 or 4 hits of the reset switch, but
sometimes it will take 50 or 60 hits which is a real PITA. This has an AMD
XP 2000, 512M of DDR PC2100 Ram and I have upgraded all of the drivers and
the BIOS from the mother ship, but no difference. I have set the SW2 jumper
to 100Mhz FSB 'safe mode' and that made it much better for a while, but now
it seems to be taking a long time again. Anybody ever heard of this
silliness?

TIA

Old February 8th 06, 10:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Spearmaster wrote:
[...]

Try another video card, and see if it makes a difference...
Has it always been like this?