HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   reboot fails (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=24)

Joshua Klehm June 23rd 03 06:07 PM

reboot fails

"Frederik" wrote in message I'm patching up an old pc I got (p1-100, soyo
mobo). First it didn't boot
and as it reported a faulty bios cmos checksum I flashed the bios. I also
had to replace the memory as it was faulty.

(The person I got the pc from claims that it fell over in the boot of the
car when transporting it, which is probably the reason for its faulty
behaviour. Or am I wrong?)

Now, everything seems to work fine, apart from the fact that the pc
occasionally does not boot (no display, the hdd is spinning but is not
reading) and that it cannot reboot. Neither soft, nor hard reboot works.

As I thought the psu was causing the problem, I replaced it with another

one
(same wattage), but this didn't solve it.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Frederik

You mobo may be bad.
--
I believe in having an open mind,
but not so open that my brains fall out.