HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Power on Problems (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=1983)

Gemjack November 1st 03 01:00 PM

Power on Problems

Having built the a PC, using ATX case 350 PS, Abit G7A MB it will not power
on. I have removed all the items from the M/B, tried with just the memory
and cooler, both sitted in the case and outside. Do you think I have a
faulty case/PS

kony November 1st 03 01:58 PM

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 13:00:18 -0000, "Gemjack"
wrote:

Having built the a PC, using ATX case 350 PS, Abit G7A MB it will not power
on. I have removed all the items from the M/B, tried with just the memory
and cooler, both sitted in the case and outside. Do you think I have a
faulty case/PS

- You need a video card too

- What power supply make/model/etc, a link would be nice?

- Have you cleared CMOS and checked any jumpers?

- Is there a speaker attached or integral to the motherboard, any
beep codes?

- What EXACTLY is it doing? What signs of activity? Lights, fans,
HDD spinning ?

- Do you have a voltage meter you can use to check power supply?

Dave

kony November 1st 03 02:09 PM

wrote:

Having built the a PC, using ATX case 350 PS, Abit G7A MB it will not power
on. I have removed all the items from the M/B, tried with just the memory
and cooler, both sitted in the case and outside. Do you think I have a
faulty case/PS

What is an Abit "G7A"? That model number did not show up from a
Google search or visit to Abit's N.America website. A link to the
motherboard product page would be nice.

Dave