HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Seagate Barracuda+AIC 7880 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=1046)

dai_bando September 2nd 03 02:33 PM

Seagate Barracuda+AIC 7880

Hi can anyone help, I have 2 Seagate ST150176LC SCA type hard disks which I
belive run in LVD mode as standard, are these compatible with an Adaptec AIC
7880..?? or do I have to enable single ended option..??

System:

Dell Poweredge 4100/200
Adaptec AIC 7880 with backplane for hotswap.
Adaptec AIC 7860

Thanks in advance for replies..!!

MaX

Doug Holtz September 5th 03 02:08 AM

"dai_bando" wrote in message
Hi can anyone help, I have 2 Seagate ST150176LC SCA type hard disks which

belive run in LVD mode as standard, are these compatible with an Adaptec

AIC
7880..?? or do I have to enable single ended option..??

System:

Dell Poweredge 4100/200
Adaptec AIC 7880 with backplane for hotswap.
Adaptec AIC 7860

Thanks in advance for replies..!!

MaX

MaX;

A 7880 should work with these drives. LVD drives work with a LVD controller
or standard controller. Just set the SCSI ID on the drives as 0 and 1 and
terminate the last drive and turn on the system. Do the Control A sequence
to get into the SCSI BIOS and check to make sure the drives show up.

Doug