HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Error code 10. exterior disk & Firewire (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=25)

Karl June 23rd 03 06:02 PM

Error code 10. exterior disk & Firewire

I have a new 80GB HD which is external and in a Newtion Technology Corp,
1035-00 IEEE 1394 SBP2 Device. It has 1 USB output and 3 Firewire outputs.

It works fine in USB, but I cannot see the drive in Firewire output, even
though I can hear the MS sound wqhen I connect the Firewire to the external
enclosure.

In HDW Device manger it shows up with an yellow exclamation mark. Windows XP
cannot find a more up to date driver for it ( I think only USB takes
drivers, anyhow).

I get error code 10 in Device manager.

The cable is fine, becasuse it works with my digital camcorder.