HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Problem in Display of ASUS MotherBoard A7V266-MX (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=3065)

S S Robert January 12th 04 06:30 AM

Problem in Display of ASUS MotherBoard A7V266-MX

I am using ASUS MotherBoard A7V266-MX-UAYZ which has the chipset "VIA
KM266", "VIA VT8235 CE".
My processor is Athlon XP 2400+ . I am using Windows 98 SE as the operating
system.
When I install the Display Driver using the supplied CD (written KM266
Display Driver) then I face the following problem :
The Installation process can not find automatically the files "viagfxk.cat"
& "gtf.dll" - which I have to locate manually from the CD in a different
directory.
Thereafter the 'Control Panel-System Properties-Device Manager-Display
adapters' shows "VIA/S3G KM400/KN400 (NOT KM 266 - which is the number of
the chipset) !
Then I see there are always TWO entries for monitors ( named "Default
Monitor" each) in 'System Properties-Device Manager-Monitors' . It is
obviously not expected since I have only ONE monitor. If I delete one
occurrence of the "Default monitor" and reboot the system - windows
automatically detects another occurrence of monitor ! If I remove all the
occurrences of Monitors in 'System Properties-Device Manager' and reboot
the
system then windows automatically detects both occurrences of monitors !

I tried the 'Display Driver' downloaded from Asus website:
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/download.aspx . But it has the
same problem as described above !

Is it a problem of the hardware or a problem of the 'Display Driver' ( which
has the above problem during installation) ?
How can I fix it ?
Please help

Regards
Sanjoy