HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Compaq 2100 laptop boots when ANY button above the keyboard is pressed... (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=192674)

Dave[_39_] January 23rd 13 01:02 AM

Compaq 2100 laptop boots when ANY button above the keyboard is pressed...

Is this normal? Maybe something done for convenience sake? Somebody please
enlighten me...

Dave

Dave[_39_] January 23rd 13 04:18 PM

Compaq 2100 laptop boots when ANY button above the keyboard is pressed...

"Dave" wrote in message
netamerica...
Is this normal? Maybe something done for convenience sake? Somebody
please enlighten me...

Dave

Sorry. Compaq PRESARIO 2100 laptop. Still, it surprised me.

Dave

123Jim January 25th 13 10:57 PM

Compaq 2100 laptop boots when ANY button above the keyboard ispressed...

On 23/01/2013 16:18, Dave wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
netamerica...
Is this normal? Maybe something done for convenience sake? Somebody
please enlighten me...

Dave

Sorry. Compaq PRESARIO 2100 laptop. Still, it surprised me.

Dave

I've seen this as a feature on some other laptop, may have been a Sony,
but there was a touch strip on the casing above the keyboard.

If your laptop has no such obvious 'by design' feature maybe the wires
or the power button is out of position under the casing.

123Jim January 25th 13 11:00 PM

Compaq 2100 laptop boots when ANY button above the keyboard ispressed...

On 25/01/2013 22:57, 123Jim wrote:
On 23/01/2013 16:18, Dave wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
netamerica...
Is this normal? Maybe something done for convenience sake? Somebody
please enlighten me...

Dave

Sorry. Compaq PRESARIO 2100 laptop. Still, it surprised me.

Dave

I've seen this as a feature on some other laptop, may have been a Sony,
but there was a touch strip on the casing above the keyboard.

If your laptop has no such obvious 'by design' feature maybe the wires
or the power button is out of position under the casing.

ah you mentioned buttons .. that'll be by design then.