HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Abit AB9 Pro WiFi M/B settings for OC'ing? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=150781)

P Gagg May 14th 07 10:19 PM

Abit AB9 Pro WiFi M/B settings for OC'ing?

Hi..... my question....

During the last couple of days I have just built myself a new Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
based pc. I understand the clock multiplier on Intel chips cannot be changed (even if the
bios allows it) mine is set to 9.

Stock speed was 9 x 272 giving a cpu speed of 2400 (2.4Ghz)

Previously I have already changed the speed to 9 x 300 = 2700 (2.7Ghz) and to 9 x 320
= 2900 (2.9Ghz) and tested using CPU Stress Tester program and temps were maxing
out at 51 degress C.

However, I have now tidied up the internal cables and added one extra case fan and
temps now do not exceed 44 degrees C after sustained 100% cpu loads.

Obviously I can keep increasing the FSB speed, but I am worried about the effect of
increased bus speeds on other PC components, specifically the ram. Do I need to change
the DRAM settings at all?

If anyone else is using this board I would be interested to know what settings you are
using. (Is there an Abit users forum or newsgroup?)

Thanx

FYI: The PC spec is as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 cpu (4Mb cache)
Arctic Cooling Pro 7 fan and heatsink (also used arctic silver thermal
compound)
Abit AB9 Pro (WiFi) M/B
2 x Gb crucial Ballistix DDR2 ram ( 2 x 1Gb chips running in dual
channel mode) rated at 800Mhz
Nvidia 8800GTS graphics card (320Mb)
Arctic 600w (modular) PSU
Hitachi Deskstar 320Gb SATA H/D