HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   SATA controler cards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=3582)

Sam Carleton February 13th 04 12:35 PM

SATA controler cards

Does anyone make a SATA control card that is not some type
of RAID card? If so, who?

Wayne Morgan February 13th 04 02:58 PM

There appear to be some here. However, even the RAID ones should be able to
operate in non RAID mode if that is your preference.

--
Wayne Morgan

kony February 13th 04 10:54 PM

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:35:13 GMT, Sam Carleton
wrote:

Does anyone make a SATA control card that is not some type
of RAID card? If so, who?

There are at least 2 he
http://store.yahoo.com/directron/satcon.html

As Wayne mentioned, you don't have to use RAID "mode" on single drives,
they can be treated as single-drive spans or stripes.

On the other hand, I don't know if a RAID controller will work with all
ATAPI devices (ie - mainly optical drives), never tried it, though
non-RAID cards should.