HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Display issue (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=3279)

msb January 25th 04 05:17 PM

Display issue

I have a Compaq computer 5wv280 with a Compaq MV720 17" CRT monitor that on
occasion the monitor jitters. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens
enough that it is annoying. I've ruled out the video card as it was
recently replaced to improve performance on games. Are there any settings
other than refresh rate to check or do I just have a bad monitor??

TIA,
Myles

kony January 25th 04 06:13 PM

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:17:04 -0600, "msb"
wrote:

I have a Compaq computer 5wv280 with a Compaq MV720 17" CRT monitor that on
occasion the monitor jitters. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens
enough that it is annoying. I've ruled out the video card as it was
recently replaced to improve performance on games. Are there any settings
other than refresh rate to check or do I just have a bad monitor??

TIA,
Myles

Barring an AC power or magnetic field (proximity) problem, the monitor
is to blame. Considering the age, value, type of monitor, it's not
worth having repaired.