HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Various Questions on Macintosh PowerBook G4 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=538)

Cyde Weys July 28th 03 10:26 PM

Various Questions on Macintosh PowerBook G4

1. Does anyone know the CD and DVD write speeds of the SuperDrive?
(CD-R and DVD-R).

2. The internal AirPort Extreme WiFi card isn't giving me nearly enough
range. Can someone suggest a PC card based WiFi b+g card for Macs?
Optimally I would want an external antenna and the ability to attach
home-made "Pringles" receivers :-)

3. What Mac software can I use to burn a video DVD in VOB/INF/etc. DVD
image format?

Thanks in advance for the help.

--
Usenet is a strange reality where you see people beating up a patch of
grass where nine years ago there used to be a horse. -Nuke

Steve Reinis July 28th 03 10:55 PM

I saw you posted a bit back that "no one answers your questions."

Why not try a Mac oriented group where people would be more familiar with
Mac hardware and Mac OS. I realize that alt.comp.hardware doesn't explicity
cover only IBM Compatibles, but obviously that's 95% of the discussion here.

Cyde Weys July 29th 03 12:00 AM

Steve Reinis wrote:
I saw you posted a bit back that "no one answers your questions."

Why not try a Mac oriented group where people would be more familiar with
Mac hardware and Mac OS. I realize that alt.comp.hardware doesn't explicity
cover only IBM Compatibles, but obviously that's 95% of the discussion here.

Could you suggest a Mac-oriented newsgroup, then?

Steve Reinis July 29th 03 12:54 AM

I would try any of the following:

comp.sys.mac.misc, comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc, comp.sys.mac.apps, or
simply - alt.mac

-Steve