HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Question about using Quick Restore discs (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=57749)

Miss Jo Anne CD June 30th 03 11:20 PM

Question about using Quick Restore discs

I`ve used the Quick Restore disks on just about every Compaq I`ve ever
owned..You should have no problem..But at one point it will ask you for the
product code that came with your computer..If you don`t have that you will be
lost

DEJ57 July 1st 03 12:50 AM

But at one point it will ask you for the
product code that came with your computer..If you don`t have that you will be
lost

It would be located on the front cover of the Windows manual/documentation
booklet that came with your PC....

bglenn July 2nd 03 02:07 AM

Thanks, everyone. The disks worked like a charm and the computer is
running like a new one.

I wasn't asked for the Windows/product code, even though I was ready
with it.