HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   i cant find compatible mobo (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=103524)

roxbury August 2nd 05 10:01 PM

i cant find compatible mobo

my brother bought an insignia comp from best buy last christmas. Now
unfortunately it does not come with a agp slot so we're in the market
for a new motherboard. The problem i am running into is its a pentium
4 - 478pin - 400mhz bus. I cant find a mobo to support the 400 mhz
bus, i tried one of the 533/800 ones but it didn't work. Any
suggestions???

John McGaw August 2nd 05 11:46 PM

roxbury wrote:
my brother bought an insignia comp from best buy last christmas. Now
unfortunately it does not come with a agp slot so we're in the market
for a new motherboard. The problem i am running into is its a pentium
4 - 478pin - 400mhz bus. I cant find a mobo to support the 400 mhz
bus, i tried one of the 533/800 ones but it didn't work. Any
suggestions???

That shouldn't be much of a problem since there is always at least one
company which hoards old equipment for needs such as yours. The first
place I'd look for an old cheap mobo is GearXS. Take a look at this page
and the few that follow it:

http://www.gearxs.com/gearxs/default.php?cPath=75_105

I saw at least a few 400mHz-bus mobos on page 2. How does $32 including
free shipping sound?
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Werner August 9th 05 09:07 PM

roxbury wrote:
my brother bought an insignia comp from best buy last christmas. Now
unfortunately it does not come with a agp slot so we're in the market
for a new motherboard. The problem i am running into is its a pentium
4 - 478pin - 400mhz bus. I cant find a mobo to support the 400 mhz
bus, i tried one of the 533/800 ones but it didn't work. Any
suggestions???

I don't know insignia computer, but I would check connectors like power
supply or system panel, wheather it's standard or not, before ordering.

Captin August 12th 05 03:35 PM

"" wrote:
my brother bought an insignia comp from best buy last
christmas. Now
unfortunately it does not come with a agp slot so we're in the
market
for a new motherboard. The problem i am running into is its a
pentium
4 - 478pin - 400mhz bus. I cant find a mobo to support the
400 mhz
bus, i tried one of the 533/800 ones but it didn't work. Any
suggestions???

If your problem is finding a board to fit physically because your
computer is not built to ATX format I understand. However newer
Pentium 4 motherboards with 800mhz do support the earlier Celeron and
Pentium 4 chips with 400mhz and 533mhz etc.I have resurrected dozens
of early P4 systems with the newer 800mhz boards and when you can get
a new Gigabyte board for $60 or $70 it’s a good way to go.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Genera...pict59907.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=304967