HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Looking for MOBO compatible with Coreboot (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199429)

user February 27th 19 02:20 AM

Looking for MOBO compatible with Coreboot

hello,

which Unix/Linux friendly Motherboard you recommend compatible with
Coreboot?

Thank you

Paul[_28_] February 27th 19 06:36 AM

user wrote:
hello,

which Unix/Linux friendly Motherboard you recommend compatible with
Coreboot?

Thank you

The one some developer has already made a CoreBoot
image for.

There is no point buying a "miracle" motherboard,
that nobody else uses, and then sit there tapping
your finger on your desk saying "hey, youse guys,
where's my CoreBoot for this thing". Because
that won't work.

If you want a CoreBoot, you DIY, or you rely on
the work someone else has already done.

Not being a CoreBoot user, my guess is the "green"
entries are pretty good.

https://coreboot.org/status/board-status.html

Paul