HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   hard drive size reporting (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=515)

Andrew Hall July 27th 03 02:49 PM

hard drive size reporting

Hi all,

Problem with my hard drive which is currently reported as 25GB when it
should be 80GB. My computer originally had a partioned HD so Im guessing
that I simply can't 'see' the other partions. I have not altered the file
system (currently FAT32) although I did upgrade my OS to XP pro. Any
thoughts how to find this lost memory or what might be wrong?

Andrew

philo July 27th 03 05:25 PM

"Andrew Hall" wrote in message
Hi all,

Problem with my hard drive which is currently reported as 25GB when it
should be 80GB. My computer originally had a partioned HD so Im guessing
that I simply can't 'see' the other partions. I have not altered the file
system (currently FAT32) although I did upgrade my OS to XP pro. Any
thoughts how to find this lost memory or what might be wrong?

Andrew

use disk management

also note: the size reported of your harddrive has no connection
to memory!