HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Harddisk doesn't stop spinning! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=896)

Patrick Graffeille August 23rd 03 04:39 PM

Harddisk doesn't stop spinning!

Hi all,
my Harddisk keeps spinning all the time when NO application is running.
It sounds like it does some defrag oder Index. But I looked in the
Task-Manager and there is no process running.
Currently I am using Win2k SP3 with no special software.

When I start an application, the Harddisk WORKS and the sound is
different. The second all application are loaded it starts to make this
"buzz sound" again. Somehow it does not sound right. It is not an normal
"Harddisk works" sound. It sounds more like the "Defrag Sound"

Hope you guys know a little bit what I am talking about.

Thanx for your help.
Patrick!

Ralph Mowery August 24th 03 01:19 AM

my Harddisk keeps spinning all the time when NO application is running.
It sounds like it does some defrag oder Index. But I looked in the
Task-Manager and there is no process running.
Currently I am using Win2k SP3 with no special software.

Most computer hard drives spin all the time. They will stop moving the
heads if no data is being accessed from the drive.