HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Rack Mount Cases (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=50)

Zën June 24th 03 04:55 PM

Rack Mount Cases

Thanks for that.

Mine has 7 slots so is obviously a ATX style case

"Alien Zord" wrote in message
"Pablo" wrote in message
I have inherited a 4u 19" rack mount server and wanted to upgrade the
motherboard and processor. My question is, will the new motherboard

fit
into the rack case? I have no experience with this yet, but I'd

assume that
there is some standard that case and motherboard manufacturers follow?

Any
tips appreciated.

There are generally 2 types of rack mount cases, ones that accept
standard ATX motherboards and the others take industrial back planes.
The ATX types have 7 expansion slots at the back and the back plane
types have up to 20.