HardwareBanter

-   Dell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   D/Dock not working with Inspiron 8600 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=127015)

Robert McMillan May 15th 06 06:44 AM

D/Dock not working with Inspiron 8600

Sean,
I can see what you mean that the table says it is supported, but when I
bought a D/Port port replicator a few months back for my I8600 I distinctly
remember that the D/Dock didnt support the I8600. Looks like a typo on that
table to me. Have you called Dell and asked them if it is supported.

Robert

"Sean Corbett" wrote in message
I just purchased a used D/Dock Docking station for my Inspiron 8600.
Everything I read says it's compatible. But when I boot up it says "The
attached docking station is not supported on this system". What's going
on? This Dell literature says the D/Dock works with the 8600 (check the
chart on the 2nd page):

http://www.dell.com/downloads/global...ock_and_go.pdf