HardwareBanter

-   -   How can you tell for sure if a 5200 FX is 64-bit or 128-bit ? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49837)

[email protected] July 21st 03 12:01 PM

How can you tell for sure if a 5200 FX is 64-bit or 128-bit ?

Sometimes the box doesn't say so, and web vendors are even worse in
this regard.

Derek Wildstar July 21st 03 03:46 PM

wrote in message
Sometimes the box doesn't say so, and web vendors are even worse in
this regard.

If it doesn't say, it's 64.

Granulated July 21st 03 07:39 PM

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:46:27 GMT "Derek Wildstar" meeped :

wrote in message
.. .
Sometimes the box doesn't say so, and web vendors are even worse in
this regard.

If it doesn't say, it's 64.

just by the by...I saw a box emblazoned "5200 ULTRA" yesterday at the Croydon
computer fair.

it was 65 quid.

seemed like a miss-pricing..?? coz I've seen the Creative ultras going for 131
at Komplett.

Alex July 22nd 03 01:06 AM

If its got 8 Memory chips,,, apparently its 128bit.

Strontium July 22nd 03 02:20 AM

Not always...

My card is 256bit...8 chips. Number of chips is irrelevent.

It's the number of pipes, that's important.

-
Alex stood up, at show-n-tell in and

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

Darthy July 22nd 03 12:41 PM

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:01:44 +0200, wrote:

Sometimes the box doesn't say so, and web vendors are even worse in
this regard.

Buy a $90 TI4200 and not worry about it
www.pricewatch.com

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!