How can you tell for sure if a 5200 FX is 64-bit or 128-bit ?

Old July 21st 03, 12:01 PM

Default How can you tell for sure if a 5200 FX is 64-bit or 128-bit ?

Sometimes the box doesn't say so, and web vendors are even worse in
this regard.
Old July 21st 03, 03:46 PM
Derek Wildstar

wrote in message
Sometimes the box doesn't say so, and web vendors are even worse in
this regard.

If it doesn't say, it's 64.

Old July 21st 03, 07:39 PM
Granulated

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:46:27 GMT "Derek Wildstar" meeped :

wrote in message
.. .
Sometimes the box doesn't say so, and web vendors are even worse in
this regard.

If it doesn't say, it's 64.

just by the by...I saw a box emblazoned "5200 ULTRA" yesterday at the Croydon
computer fair.

it was 65 quid.

seemed like a miss-pricing..?? coz I've seen the Creative ultras going for 131
at Komplett.
Old July 22nd 03, 01:06 AM
Alex

If its got 8 Memory chips,,, apparently its 128bit.

Old July 22nd 03, 02:20 AM
Strontium

Not always...

My card is 256bit...8 chips. Number of chips is irrelevent.

It's the number of pipes, that's important.

-
Alex stood up, at show-n-tell in and

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

Old July 22nd 03, 12:41 PM
Darthy

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:01:44 +0200, wrote:

Sometimes the box doesn't say so, and web vendors are even worse in
this regard.

Buy a $90 TI4200 and not worry about it
www.pricewatch.com

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!