HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Need some cues to understanding Case to Mobo connectors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=2596)

G. Adams December 12th 03 10:01 AM

Need some cues to understanding Case to Mobo connectors

Greetings, all :)

Am somewhat stymied. Bought an Aspire X-Dreamer II and a
Soyo MB.

Some of the Case connectors are easy to grasp with their
lettering. A pair of single wire connectors +P and -P are a mystery.
May someone identify them for me so I can then possibly cross reference
with MB manual.

Also, all multi-wire connectors have an arrowhead symbol on a
corner. What does that signify?

Thanks for your attention and for any replies to my Q's.

Cheers,

macphisto December 12th 03 01:09 PM

Not positive on the single wire connectors. The only single wire connections
on my case are two grounds for the front USB jacks. As far as the arrowhead
symbols, they indicate the positive lead. Just match them up with the +'s in
the mobo manual.

mac

G. Adams December 13th 03 03:40 AM

Thanks, Mac, for your reply. Perhaps someone will read my thread and
offer insight to the single +P and -P connectors coming from my Case
which are intended for - what?

jamotto December 13th 03 08:10 AM

macphisto wrote:

Not positive on the single wire connectors. The only single wire connections
on my case are two grounds for the front USB jacks. As far as the arrowhead
symbols, they indicate the positive lead. Just match them up with the +'s in
the mobo manual.

mac

Maybe they are for a message light/diode on your case that some Mobo's
have to indicate SCSI drive activity or that you have a message on
your computer based answering machine some ASUS boards have this
feature.

you can check out the manufacture's website here
http://www.aspireusa.net/index.html

But not knowing what you already have hooked up I couldn't tell.

hope this helps