HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Best Mobo for Server (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=3335)

Radley January 28th 04 03:40 PM

Best Mobo for Server

Hello,

I am planning on building a server running 2003 Server with an Intel P4
Proc. Can anyone recommend any motherboards? I'd like to run Serial ATA
RAID 0. Thanks.

Radley

kony January 28th 04 04:14 PM

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:40:23 +0100, "Radley"
wrote:

Hello,

I am planning on building a server running 2003 Server with an Intel P4
Proc. Can anyone recommend any motherboards? I'd like to run Serial ATA
RAID 0. Thanks.

Radley

Unless this is being used on a Gb LAN, not just to switch but for each
client, might be better to skip RAID0.

Is this server needing any other specific features not found on the
typical PC motherboard? Does it need fit in any particular chassis?

What exactly is the function, tasks and number of clients?