HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Epson WorkForce WF-2630 all-in-one printer Q (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=198084)

[email protected] August 12th 17 09:47 AM

Epson WorkForce WF-2630 all-in-one printer Q

Anyone know if the Epson WorkForce WF-2630 all-in-one printer does
two-sided automatic multi-page scanning?
Thanks
JW

John McGaw August 12th 17 02:50 PM

On 8/12/2017 4:47 AM, wrote:
Anyone know if the Epson WorkForce WF-2630 all-in-one printer does
two-sided automatic multi-page scanning?
Thanks
JW

The company doesn't seem to be sure about what it does, sometimes calling
the document feeder 30-page and sometimes 50-page, but it certainly doesn't
look as though it has the required hardware, such as double sensors or a
'flipper', for double-sided scanning and they just call it a flatbed
scanner which certainly says 'single-sided' to me. But, frankly, I'm
surprised that a $50 AIO has any sort of document feeder at all.

Specifications Scanner:
Scanner Type:
Color flatbed / Auto Document Feeder
Photoelectric Device:
Color CIS line sensor
Optical Resolution:
2400 dpi
Hardware Resolution:
1200 x 2400 dpi
Maximum Resolution:
9600 dpi interpolated
Color Bit Depth:
48-bit color input / 24-bit color output

[email protected] August 12th 17 05:48 PM

Epson WorkForce WF-2630 all-in-one printer Q

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 09:50:19 -0400, John McGaw
wrote:

On 8/12/2017 4:47 AM, wrote:
[...]

It probably does not have double sided scanning. My Epson XP830 does.
I don't think I paid over $50 for it.
Thanks

JW

VanguardLH[_2_] August 12th 17 09:02 PM

Wayne wrote:

Anyone know if the Epson WorkForce WF-2630 all-in-one printer does
two-sided automatic multi-page scanning?

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd40876.pdf
page 51

All that says is "You can also use the ADF to scan both sides of a
2-sided document." "Can" is not the same as "automatically". Likely at
that price range ($50-$70) that you have to flip over the document to
rescan the other side. You don't get much with a cheap printer.