HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Print server to a USB multifunction printer (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=4746)

joekeg May 12th 04 05:05 AM

Print server to a USB multifunction printer

Allow me to apologize right away if this belongs in a different newsgroup,
but this seems like a decent starting point, so here goes:

I have a client/customer that has a multifunction HP OfficeJet (USB) that
they want to incorporate into their network using a dedicated print server.

They purchased a Linksys PSUS4, only to be told by tech support that the
print server would only support the most basic printing functions and they
would lose scanning, PC faxing, etc.

Is there any way to have a multifunction USB device networked without
losing this functionality, other than using a PC as a server? Any products
available, or any other solutions that people have gotten working?

Thanks in advance, and if this belongs somewhere else, please let me know.

jk

Pen May 12th 04 03:09 PM

Unlikely to find much as a cheap PC will handle the job.
There are scanner sharing packages available, here's one
http://www.remote-scan.com/index.php...age=googlead_2
Print servers have at most limited device feedback.