HardwareBanter

-   Dell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Newsgroups (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=63377)

John August 17th 04 10:08 PM

Newsgroups

I use the different newsgroups a lots from Outlooks Express(Charter.Net) are
they protected from Viruses the same as E-Mail.

Thanks

John

Colin Wilson August 17th 04 10:59 PM

I use the different newsgroups a lots from Outlooks Express(Charter.Net) are
they protected from Viruses the same as E-Mail.

Not generally, but that may depend on your ISP and the type of newsgroups
you frequent.

If you only need text based groups, www.individual.net (run by a
university in Germany) are very good - and free. Binaries are not allowed
on their network, so you`d be pretty damn safe on there :-)

Hank Arnold August 18th 04 10:46 AM

I just signed up with them. Another "nice" thing is that they filter out
most of the obvious spam like "See my sister doing it with ..........".

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold