HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ASUS P2L97 motherboard boot-up problem (2) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=7470)

goolu December 29th 04 04:40 PM

ASUS P2L97 motherboard boot-up problem (2)

http://groups.google.com.hk/groups?h...lga%26rnum%3D1

JAD )
ASUS P2L97 motherboard boot-up problem

1 long three short memory problem I believe

JAD,

But I have 2x128MB memory chips & I've tried plugged only one of them
(not both at the same time) to the memory slot. But I got the same
"Boo...BooBooBoo" sound.

what bios does it have?

It's Award. BIOS chip label printed "1998, PCI/PNP 686, 118097093". My
friend had told me he had performed one BIOS update before and he
found some boot up problem afterwards. However, the problem he found
didn't stop him from finally booting up the PC (although boot up took
longer than he expected) i.e. boot up didn't fail in that early stage.

award? video
Ami? memory
phoenix? video