HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   REQ: Should I buy a IEEE Firewire Kit? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=2322)

[email protected] November 24th 03 04:20 PM

REQ: Should I buy a IEEE Firewire Kit?

I want to upload video from camcorder via IEEE 1394 Firewire. I
figure I will need a PCI card to provide the connection plus a IEEE
cable and some editing software.

Some vendors sell a 'kit' of these things, but can someone advise me
what I should buy? And where? And price? I would imagine the
biggest variable would be the software to provide whatever editing I
might need to do plus ?driver? for the card?

Thanks.

philo November 24th 03 07:21 PM

wrote in message
I want to upload video from camcorder via IEEE 1394 Firewire. I
figure I will need a PCI card to provide the connection plus a IEEE
cable and some editing software.

Some vendors sell a 'kit' of these things, but can someone advise me
what I should buy? And where? And price? I would imagine the
biggest variable would be the software to provide whatever editing I
might need to do plus ?driver? for the card?

Thanks.

i'd use your preference for the particular software as a guide

the hardware will not be particularly expensive
and it should include the drivers

stacey November 25th 03 02:02 AM

less wrote:

I want to upload video from camcorder via IEEE 1394 Firewire. I
figure I will need a PCI card to provide the connection plus a IEEE
cable and some editing software.

Yep.

Some vendors sell a 'kit' of these things, but can someone advise me
what I should buy? And where? And price?

Newegg has a koutech card/cable/software for like $14. Hard to beat that!
--

Stacey