Sound

Old January 8th 05, 02:02 AM
Richard Miller

Default Sound

I have a DFI Lan Party UT nf3 250Gb motherboard with a AMD 3000+ CPU, as if
that means anything with 6 sound connections in the back. I have a 64 bit
beta XP OS and I downloaded the sound drivers for this motherboard and
looked in device manager and there are no red or yellow marks and everything
is in just fine, except I have no sound. Trying to get any info from DFI is
impossible. I put this computer together for a game machine. Without sound,
I have no game machine. Does anyone have any ideas for me.

Thank You
Richard

Old January 8th 05, 03:32 AM
jacoby

Could be a few things including new drivers, remnants from previous driver,
config in control panel, bad mb. Since you have a DFI board, I suggest you
go here for help tweaking your board
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/inde...2fd3ad5224e137

Old January 8th 05, 06:30 AM
Dracir Venostos

"Richard Miller" wrote in message
I have a DFI Lan Party UT nf3 250Gb motherboard with a AMD 3000+ CPU, as if
that means anything with 6 sound connections in the back. I have a 64 bit
beta XP OS and I downloaded the sound drivers for this motherboard and
looked in device manager and there are no red or yellow marks and
everything is in just fine, except I have no sound. Trying to get any info
from DFI is impossible. I put this computer together for a game machine.
Without sound, I have no game machine. Does anyone have any ideas for me.

Elementary, but bears mention: Are you sure you're plugged into the right
connector? Do you, for instance, get sound visualization from a given app
(media player, etc.), even though you hear nothing?

Dracir

Old January 8th 05, 02:58 PM
Richard Miller

"Dracir Venostos" wrote in message

"Richard Miller" wrote in message
I have a DFI Lan Party UT nf3 250Gb motherboard with a AMD 3000+ CPU, as
if that means anything with 6 sound connections in the back. I have a 64
bit beta XP OS and I downloaded the sound drivers for this motherboard and
looked in device manager and there are no red or yellow marks and
everything is in just fine, except I have no sound. Trying to get any info
from DFI is impossible. I put this computer together for a game machine.
Without sound, I have no game machine. Does anyone have any ideas for me.

Elementary, but bears mention: Are you sure you're plugged into the right
connector? Do you, for instance, get sound visualization from a given app
(media player, etc.), even though you hear nothing?

Dracir

I tried all 6 connectors, no sound visualization, tried a monster sound card
but no XP drivers, maybe I can buy a sound card that has XP 64 drivers?

Old January 8th 05, 06:39 PM
Dracir Venostos

[...]

You have the Realtek ACL850 on that board, which is 64 bit supported by
Nvidia.
Have you tried this driver? It's part of the Nvidia Nforce 64 bit system
driver pack:

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Driver/...4a_WinXP64.exe

Dracir

Old January 9th 05, 05:44 AM
Dracir Venostos

"Ed" wrote in message
On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:02:51 -0700, "Richard Miller"
wrote:

I have a DFI Lan Party UT nf3 250Gb motherboard with a AMD 3000+ CPU, as
if
that means anything with 6 sound connections in the back. I have a 64 bit
beta XP OS and I downloaded the sound drivers for this motherboard and
looked in device manager and there are no red or yellow marks and
everything
is in just fine, except I have no sound. Trying to get any info from DFI
is
impossible. I put this computer together for a game machine. Without
sound,
I have no game machine. Does anyone have any ideas for me.

Thank You
Richard

Maybe try these? ...
Realtek Beta Driver for Windows Server 2003/XP 64 bit edition
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True

Are the AC97 drivers compatible with the ACL850 audio chip?

Dracir

AC '97 - No sound on ECS L4VXA2 Elio M. Garcia Jr. General 3 November 11th 04 05:38 AM
Sound problem Sonars_UK General 4 June 23rd 04 01:19 AM
RocketRaid 1640 + Sound card problems Gerald General 3 March 12th 04 01:16 AM
Can't get sound to work on Intel board Jon Greene General 2 October 23rd 03 07:11 PM
Problem with built-in sound when upgrading Jon Greene General 4 July 10th 03 10:41 PM